Advanced medicine for lasting control
REMICADE® IS THE ONLY BIOLOGIC APPROVED TO ELIMINATE STEROIDS AND HEAL THE INTESTINAL LINING IN ULCERATIVE COLITIS. While individual results may vary, many adults with moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis (UC), who haven't responded well to other therapies, have found that REMICADE®:
- Provides long-lasting relief: REMICADE® has helped people with UC achieve remission with few or no symptoms, as shown in a 1-year clinical study. Some people who were in remission after 8 weeks remained in remission during the entire study
- Takes a different approach: It can provide long-lasting control in patients with moderately to severely active UC who haven't responded well to other therapies, as shown in a 1-year study
- Offers proven symptom relief: In clinical studies, almost 7 in 10 UC patients who were treated with REMICADE® experienced symptom relief in 8 weeks
- The ONLY biologic approved to heal the intestinal lining: Clinical studies have shown REMICADE® may help repair the damage to your intestinal lining caused by UC
- The ONLY biologic approved to eliminate steroid use*: Clinical studies have shown some people taking REMICADE® were able to stop taking steroids completely and still not have a flare
In addition, REMICADE® is the only medication of its kind to require as few as 6 treatments a year after 3 starter doses. After the 3 starter doses, you will need REMICADE® only once every 8 weeks.
*Only your doctor can decide if reducing or stopping steroid use is appropriate for you. Individual results may vary.
REMICADE® is not for everyone
REMICADE® can lower your ability to fight infections. Serious and sometimes fatal events can occur. There have been reports of serious infections including tuberculosis (TB) and infections caused by bacteria, fungi, or viruses that have spread throughout the body. Lymphoma, including a fatal kind called hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma, and other cancers have been reported in children and adults taking REMICADE®. Some people with heart failure should not take REMICADE®. Other serious side effects reported include skin cancer, hepatitis B, liver injury, blood problems, allergic reactions, nervous system problems, or lupus-like syndrome. To learn more about these and other risks, please read the Important Safety Information and the Medication Guide , and talk with your doctor.