Help your doctor understand
The first step in choosing a treatment that’s right for you is recognizing your symptoms and what you need to do to manage your ankylosing spondylitis. It’s also important for you to be able to talk with your doctor.
Be open and honest. Help your doctor understand your symptoms. For example, tell your doctor about your pain and stiffness. Mention the treatments you’ve tried, how long you've taken them, and the results you’ve had. When your doctor knows about your symptoms, he or she can work with you to choose the treatment plan that’s best for you.
Writing out your questions in advance will help you have a more focused conversation.
Questions to ask your doctor
- What can we do if I’m not getting the symptom relief I expect?
- How are my ankylosing spondylitis symptoms likely to change in the future?
- How is a biologic medication different from my current treatment?
- How is REMICADE® given? Where would I go for treatment?
- How often would I go for treatment? How long would each treatment take?
- What are the benefits and risks of REMICADE®? Is REMICADE® right for me?